Mastering the Art of Fruit Eating
Fruits are one of the best food for our body, but do we know the best way of getting the most out of the fruits that we eat? According to research there are ways to eating fruits correctly to benefit from it and gain the secret to health, longevity, energy, balance weight, happiness and beauty. Here are some tips that I would like to share with you today.
- Eat fruits on an empty stomach or before meals, preferably 20 minutes earlier.
- Drink fresh fruit juice…. and not from the bottles, cans or packs, which most of the time contain sugar.
- Do not drink juice that has been heated.
- Cooking fruits destroys its nutrients, you are only left with the taste.
- Eating the whole fruit is better than just drinking its juice.
- Slowly drink and savor the fresh fruit juice while letting it mix with your saliva.
Some fruits that are packed with good vitamins and antioxidants that helps our bodies ward off diseases:
- Kiwi – a good source of potassium, magnesium, Vitamin E, and fiber. Small, but it has twice the Vitamin C content to that of an orange.
- Apple – contains antioxidants and flavonoids which enhances the activity of Vitamin C.
- Strawberry – helps fights free radicals with its high antioxidant power.
- Orange – prevents colds, kidney stones and lower cholesterol.
- Guava and Papaya – both fruits have very high Vitamin C content. Rich in fiber, the guava also helps prevent constipation. While the papaya is rich in carotene which is good for your eyes.
- Watermelon – composed of 92% water, it’s a natural thirst quencher, and also packed with a big dose of glutathione, which helps boost the immune system. It also contains potassium, lycopene and Vitamin C.
As always, we consume in moderation to benefit from the fruits and food that we eat, and seek medical advice from a professional when necessary.
Happy New Year – 2017 The Year of the Fire Rooster!
Stay tune for more ‘2017 – Useful Tips to Start the New Year’ … The Benefits of Warm Water & more…..
Coming soon… A Feng Shui Update of the Year.