With the virus affecting almost every part of the world, I would like to share some of the things we do around our home to maintain our well-being and health, which hopefully you can practice at home too.
- Keep your fingernails short everyone! Rarely do we clean out what’s under our nails even if we do a thorough hand wash so it’s best to have short nails, and eliminate the hassle of worrying if the nails are clean too.
- Change to your house clothes when you get home. It’s a rule in our house that…. Clothes we’ve worn outside are not worn in the house, especially pants.
- Wash your hands immediately after arriving home, before handling any objects inside your house. You set down your groceries (if you’ve been shopping), wash your hands, clear up your groceries, and wash your hands again.
- It’s obvious that the foods we bring home have been handled at least once and we don’t know how many have touched it, so what we can do is just minimize handling them. And make sure the people preparing and cooking the food washes their hands regularly while doing so.
- Drink a glass or even half a glass of warm lemon juice in the morning before eating breakfast or drinking anything else. A practice I encourage my family to do as part of their daily routine. In the last few years, there’s always a jug of lemon juice (nothing added just lemon and water) on our kitchen counter.
- Personally, I prefer to wash my hands more often even if it’s drying, as opposed to using a hand sanitizer as I feel the gel in them creates a stickier surface for germs/dust to cling to. So WASH YOUR HANDS Often!
With this virus circulating around our community, let us all do our part by not taking unnecessary trips outside our home, avoiding crowds and limiting our face to face contact with others outside our family. Stay home when you’re sick. If you’re feeling lonesome… Chat on the phone, Facebook, Skype or Viber, technology has made it easier to connect with families and friends now. No reason we can’t do our part for the greater good.
Stay safe and stay healthy everyone….